Soulful Yoga Retreats
Join me for a soulful yoga & meditation retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains, located just twenty minutes north of Asheville, North Carolina. Our beautiful studio and accommodations are housed in a recently remodeled historic church in the center of the tiny and charming town of Marshall. We practice yoga twice daily with a mix of Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Gentle Yoga along with guided meditations like Yoga Nidra.
On Thursday and Saturday mornings, we'll get out into nature with a grounding hike and sound meditation along a river or stream. Our delicious and nourishing meals are whole, organic, and lacto-vegetarian. We can also accommodate gluten-free and vegan diets with advance notice.
In this retreat, we will explore the mind and body, share some delicious and nutritious meals, get out into nature, have fun and laugh.
- Daily yoga sessions
- Daily meditation sessions
- Hike in the beautiful surrounding mountains
- Organic and vegetarian meals
- Fresh herbal teas, juices, vitalized water, and coffee
- Private or Shared Accommodations
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Maximum participants in the group is eight (8).
Accommodations & Local Area
The Yoga Studio and Accommodations are housed in a historic, yet newly remodeled church in downtown Marshall, NC. We offer private and shared accommodations (no more than 3 to a room) for up to 8 participants total. Rooms are simple and comfortable, with twin or full sized beds and shared bathrooms.
Our Soulful Retreats take place in the center of Marshall, a small and charming town in the mountains of Western North Carolina, situated along the banks of the French Broad River and just twenty minutes north of Asheville. The town is rich in history, scenery, outdoor activities and mountain culture.
Within walking distance of our retreat center, you will find an historical county courthouse, old-timey stores, art galleries, shops with unique home decor and gifts, a Sunday farmers market, and more. Marshall is fast-becoming a local hot-spot for artists and musicians with galleries, exhibits, shows and concerts around town.
Sample Retreat Schedule
9am Hike (Sat) or Yoga Nidra (Sun)
2pm Free Time
8pm Socializing or Personal Time
Gourmet Vegetarian Meals
A long-time student of the culinary arts, Stephanie has taken cooking classes in India, Mexico, Italy, Thailand, London, and the United States. Her creative vegetarian meals integrate these diverse influences with the use whole, organic, and local ingredients (when available) providing nourishment to your body and soul.
Sample breakfasts include:
- Whole Oats with cinnamon apples, raisins, and walnuts with juice and coffee or tea.
- Biscuits and Gravy with sweet potato, red onion, and cashew gravy.
- Quiche of varying types and fruit salads.
- Wholesome yogurt with raw honey, stewed prunes, and sunflower seeds.
- Indian Kichari, an amazing porridge made from rice, lentils, green veggies, and ghee.
Sample lunches include:
- Stuffed Roasted Peppers with rice, cheese, homemade tomato sauce, carrots, and onions served with Broccoli Slaw, Egg Salad, and a Roll.
- Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with lentils, mushrooms, and nuts in gravy along with a Spicy Carrot Dijon Salad, and Avocado Toast.
- Polenta Pizza with zucchini, red onion, ricotta, mozzarella served with Sweet and Spicy Red Cabbage Salad, and Creamy Cauliflower soup.
Past dinners have included:
- Veggie Enchiladas with homemade sauce and Taco Salad with walnut meat and avocado lime dressing.
- Summer Veggie Pasta, a Mediterranean Salad with lentils, olives, tomatoes, onions, vinaigrette, Garlic Bread, and Watermelon Salad.
- Rice and Quinoa bowl with Thai veggies, and homemade peanut sauce, Roasted Cabbage, and Mango with Sweet Coconut Rice.
- Paneer Curry with rice, Dahl, a Mixed Veggie Salad, and Naan.
Served with Fresh Herbal Teas, Vitalized Water, Coffee and Juices.
Dates & Pricing
3 Day Retreats Weekly
- Wednesdays - Fridays or
Fridays - Sundays
- 1 person shared room - $395
1 person private room - $580
2 people private room - $720
5 Day Retreats Weekly
- Please inquire about availability and pricing.
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
There are several airports within driving distance. You can fly into any of the following airports: Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT), Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI), and Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP).
Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), 33 miles
Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI), 70 miles
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP), 97 miles
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT), 135 miles
Most retreat participants rent a car from one of the larger airports, or take an Uber from AVL.